So, uh, I have a confession to make:
I'm one of those people who does boring makeup now.
I know, I know. ME, of all people! The one with palettes full of MAC and Urban Decay shadows in every color imaginable, drawers full of lipsticks, jars stuffed with eyeliners. I wear the same neutral look every.single.day these days, almost without fail. I've become my own worst nightmare.* I'm going to try to change that, by adding one new/different item to my everyday look (maybe once or twice a week), but first, allow me to share with you the products that have caused me to settle down and finally commit.
This is it. My everyday full face, not including moisturizers (Bobbi Brown Vitamin-Enriched Face Base and Origins Gin-ZING eye cream). In a sort-of clockwise fashion:
- Clinique shadow duo in Like Mink
- Bobbi Brown blushes in Desert Rose, Nude Pink, Nude Peach, Pale Pink (I tend to use the peach shade most)
- MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer in NW15
- Fresh Sugar Honey Tinted Lip Treatment SPF15 (I have a stash of these - Plum, Passion, and Original also get some wear)
- Bobbi Brown Natural Brow Shaper in Mahogany
- Sephora Professionnel brushes - Blush and Airbrush
- Lancôme Color Ideal Poudre in Beige Porcelaine
- Nars Pro-Prime shadow primer
- Bobbi Brown Extreme Party Mascara (I have now switched to Buxom Lash Waterproof for everyday but still wear this on occasion)
- Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF35 in Extra Light
- Jemma Kidd and Stila dual-ended shadow brushes
- MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy
With the exception of brushes and blushes, I've re-purchased all of these products at least once. I even COMPLETELY used up the champagne shade in Like Mink a few days after this was taken. That has never happened to me, in my entire life as a beauty junkie. (It was a very satisfying feeling, though!) I can throw this look on in 15 minutes, half-awake and practically in the dark, which is useful these days. But I'm starting to feel the need to make my routine a little more interesting when I can, so - let's see how that goes.
*Not really. But you know what I mean.